Your donation could make it possible for a student to attend a conference to present his/her work, to cover transportation costs for an undergraduate interning at a local non-profit agency, or to help bring a feminist scholar from the Global South to campus to speak to our students. The flexible nature of this fund allows the department’s leadership to address both strategic challenges and opportunities. Even small contributions will help support the basic operational needs of our small but vibrant department.
Gifts from our alumni and friends will ensure that the Gender & Women’s Studies Department remains one of the most distinguished in the world, and the full impact of your gift is felt within the department. Thank you for helping to support feminist studies at Berkeley!
Contact the Chair of GWS if you wish to discuss possibilities for a major gift, including contributions to our graduate education endowment fund: Fund for the Advanced Study of Gender, Women, and Sexuality.
Charter Hill Society
The members of the Charter Hill Society for Gender & Women’s Studies are a community of committed donors who make a three-year pledge of $1,000 or more per year to the Gender & Women’s Studies Annual Fund. Your support will ensure that Berkeley GWS students and faculty continue to do their best work, supporting cutting-edge research and outstanding teaching.
How to Join
Option 1: To join today, please enter your gift amount below. When prompted on the next page, please choose” recurring”, “annually”, “for a limited time”, and then “three years”.
Option 2: For more information about joining the Charter Hill Society for Gender & Women’s Studies, email email@example.com or fill out this form to hear back from one of our associates.
Charter Hill Society donors are making possible exciting directions in our graduate and undergraduate student academic and research experiences. Support from Charter Hill helps Berkeley Gender & Women’s Studies sustain its excellence in all domains, ensuring that future generations of students continue to thrive and gain valuable experience in the ground breaking research that GWS faculty conduct.
What is the impact of my support?
- Your support to the Annual Fund provides transformational support for our highest priorities in teaching and research
- Your investment helps secure and improve the experience and support of our exceptional graduate students, undergraduates, and faculty.
- You join a group of leaders in the community of UC Berkeley supporters
What are the benefits?
- Participate in events with Charter Hill members from around the College of Letters & Science. Recent lectures and events have featured Nobel Laureates and leading figures in sports, government, and entertainment.
- Opportunities to network with fellow Gender and Women’s Studies alumni around the world.